Frozen Fire Chronicles

Frozen Fire Chronicles is all about random thoughts, animes, games, and gunplas!





Pocky Craze





"Anata mo watashi mo Pocky!!"
means "You love, I love Pocky!!" or "You, me, Pocky!!" Yeah that's the song that is running through my mind all day long. My auntie from Japan send us a package that contains 11 boxes of Pocky chocolate last week, and now only one box is left LOL! (this just proves how I love to eat Pocky) I almost ate 2 box of Pocky a day, one at morning and another one for my midnight snack. I really love the original chocolate flavor and strawberry flavor of Pocky. Though the Almond Crush flavors of Pocky is not my type, because it barely contains for packs in each box and each pack contains 5 sticks! What the!? And for Men's Pocky I still prefer Dark Chocolate/Chocolate Marble Pocky. An original chocolate flavor Pocky costs 70 Yen in Japan that is almost 30 Pesos here. I was surprised when I saw an original chocolate flavor Pocky in a chinese pastry store in greenhills and it costs 45 Pesos!!




While I was eating a stick of Pocky, I tried to browse youtube for Pocky commercials in Japan. And suddenly this kawaii onnanoko just caught my attention. Haha I think I fell in love with her right there and right then! She is Ishihara Satomi(石原 さとみ) a very lovable Japanese actress!! Oh that cute face and lips of her!! Hahahahaha!!! Oh well I hope I can meet her when I go to Japan.



Another great find!! Now this Pocky CM doesn't only have one cute japanese actress but there are four of them!! (Arranged in order) Shibasaki Kou an actress/model currently in a jdrama entitled galileo, Ishihara Satomi my love LOL! Yukie Nakama actress/model <- who can't recognize her? Sadako? Gokusen teacher? Matsuura Aya from Hello Project that went solo. Geeeeee I wish I could also be in a Pocky commercial together with the four of them, especially Ishihara Satomi! Oh well that ends my Pocky story.

Trivia from wikipedia:
Pocky is a Japanese snack food produced by the Ezaki Glico Company of Japan. It was first sold in 1965, and consists of a biscuit stick coated with chocolate. Pocky was an instant hit among Japanese teenagers, and brought in sales of 30 billion yen in its first two years. The name was changed to "Pocky", after the Japanese onomatopoetic word for the sound Pocky makes when bitten, pokkin (ポッキン). The original was followed by "Almond Pocky" in 1971, with an almond coating, and "Strawberry Pocky" in 1977. Today, the product line includes such variations as milk, mousse, green tea and coconut flavored coatings, and themed products such as "Decorer Pocky", with colorful decorative stripes in the coating, and "Men's Pocky", a dark (bittersweet) chocolate and "mature" version.

Labels: ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »

At May 20, 2008 at 5:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pocky adik! bwahahahah..    



» Post a Comment